I would have to agree with Bill and John.  The TCLUG has been
established for quite some time.  Perhaps it's not as old as TCPC, but
we have our own following, our own core group.  To be absorbed into
another, larger group would introduce a thread of politics I'd rather
avoid.

A formal relationship need not be drawn either, but a general invitation
and offer to be of assistance to those of the TCPC group is certainly
extended.  If we are deficient in our reception toward newbies, then
that should be addressed within the group.  The newbie SIG idea is a
nice one.

I admit that I give mixed reactions toward users in general, depending
upon context and environment.  I'm a perfectly helpful and amiable tutor
when the time is right and the student is genuine, but I have been known
to be a troll when the time is wrong or the "student" simply wants free
technical support.  If we go ahead with a newbie SIG, I'd be willing to
help out.

Anyway, back to the grind.

--
Chad Walstrom <chewie at wookimus.net>                 | a.k.a. ^chewie