The fest on Saturday was excellent, but anyone who was there in the first
hour knows that is was pretty much chaos & anarchy till a few things got
under control. I have a suggestion to make things work more easily in the
future...

Proposed: That at a TCLUG installfest, no machine is allowed to join the
network until it has been passed by a TCLUG network admin/helper. It will
be the job of the admin to make certain that the machine is not configured
in such a way as to break the network with it's IP services. The best
example of this, are machines running rogue DHCPDs, which as we all know
now from SEVERAL fests, has a way of totally screwing everything up for
everyone else.

It's a lot easier to pass the machine first, then to go digging later for
the culprit. Eh?

      -.bill.layer.- .-frogtown.mn.usa.-

.-afghanistan.only.a.ruse- -.bomb.enron.now-.