| The box is:
| K6-2 450
| 384MB SDRAM
| 4GB HDD
| 16X DVDROM

| Voodoo3 3000 w/video out
AGP or PCI?

Going by the WinDVD info, you meet the requirments for software DVD
playback: a K6-2 450. Give that this is the bare minimum, I wouldn't
expect playback to be perfect.

As your running windows, have you tried changing your shell? It won't be
as convient, but you can change your shell from explorer.exe to
command.com. Drop exploer out of the picture and you might free up your
CPU to do other things.

(win9x: c:\windows\system.ini, change shell, reboot. WinNT and Win2k
require registry hacks, check out http://litestep.net/docs/install.php for
more info.)

Anyway, I use ogle myself as it actually supports DVD menus. I don't think
the quality is as good as WinDVD, but it isn't bad. xine isn't bad, I
think they have a DVD plugin with menu support now but I haven't checked
it out.

I use Debian Woody myself, and installing Ogle is easy enough:
apt-get install ogle-mmx
It should include a script in /usr/share/doc/ogle-xmms/examples (or
wherever it installs the docs) that will download/install libdvdcss, which
you need for CSS DVD playback.

No clue how RedHat/SuSE/Mandrake/other deal with DVD.

Andrew S. Zbikowski | http://www.ringworld.org
"The irony is that Bill Gates claims to be making
a stable operating system and Linus Torvalds claims
to be trying to take over the world."