It will work, but video will be just as choppy as in windows.  The weak spot
is either video or CPU.  To decode MPEGs of that size and quality requires a
lot of overhead, which is why many video cards now have mpeg decoders on
them.  I am guessing that your card does not have that (and if it did, I dont
know what sort of linux support you would get out of it) and thus most of the
processing falls to the CPU. I have an Athlon XP 1800+ and dvd is choppy with
a 16M TNT2 card.

A good pice of easy to use DVD software is Ogle- as far as I know it is the
only one that support menus.

Jay