On Friday 01 February 2002 13:35, Rodd Ahrenstorff wrote:
> On Friday 01 February 2002 4:52 pm, Samir M. Nassar wrote:
<snip>
> The question must be brought: Why not invite those interested from PCUG to
> the Linux Install fest and give a seminar to those attendies.  Or create a
> new meeting agenda for new users migrating from Windows.  It will
> eventually be a necessary addition IMHO.  I really do appreciate the
> efforts of Terry to introduce Linux to new users, but what's wrong with
> bringing these same people into the Linux fold by attending a TCLUG
> meeting.  After all, TCLUG stands for Twin Cities Linux Users Group, newbie
> or guru.  Linux is not all about Admin duties anymore.

A couple of things:

An invitation to the installfest was extended to those who attended the TCPC
meeting on Jan. 9th.

(Note: The following is my own opinion. Terry, Clay - Shoot it down if I've
ventured into areas I shouldn't.)

Maybe what we need is a New Users SIG for TCLUG. Why not make that a joint
effort with TCPC. It solves two of the most daunting tasks for any new SIG
having a place and time to meet. I've committed to Terry to be available for
most of the TCPC meetings when no one else has something they would like to
present. As such I will volunteer to be the TCLUG's "SIG Leader" for the New
Users SIG. The TCLUG general meetings (1st Saturday) can remain geared to
more experienced users and more techinical topics. The New Users SIG/TCPC
Linux on Saturday meeting (2nd Saturday) can be geared to less experienced
users and general Linux advocacy to the non-Linux using community.

How's that sound?

--
Jack Ungerleider
jack at jacku.com