Here's a good one for you.

I have a few clients who have MS office  for Mac.  Every now and then he
has word documents sent to him from people using
Windows versions of office.  He often recieves documents that won't open
on his version of office, he then sends them to me, I open
them with open office, re-save them and send them back to him so that he
can read them ( he does this because he sent one to me the first
time to just see if the file was corrupt, when I was able to open it I
just resaved it to see if made any difference and it did).