Brian,

Our "unit" (a group of about 30 people) in the
Minnesota Department of Health is evaluating
Open Office 1.0.1 to replace our installation of
Office 2000. It is installed on two Windows 2000
Servers running Citrix MetaFrame 1.8.

It had some installation issues, but those can
mostly be attributed to the shared windows
environment (where many apps are installed
and run via some kludge). It works, and seems
to work well, but we've had it installed only a
couple months now.

Good luck,

Troy

>>> lxy at cloudnet.com 12/04/02 02:32PM >>>
I need some examples so I can present a strong case for OpenOffice.
We're
stuck netween a rock and a hard place, and OpenOffice might save us.
That
is, if I can get the PHBs to listen.  Whenever I say "linux", they say
"no", before they've even heard what I have to say.  They assume that
free == crap.

I had been thinking about raising the issue with PHBs, but I feared a
solid "no" when I said the word "open".  Then this morning, someone in
our
department comes up to me and asks me if I've ever heard of
OpenOffice.  Her husband uses it religiously, and supposedly he's heard
of
governements and huge businesses switching to it like mad.

So, what I need are examples.  Who here uses OpenOffice in a corporate
environment?  Who thinks OpenOffice is a worthless piece of crap?  I
need
to hear both sides so I can present a clear case in all directions.

Thanks!

-Brian

Minnesota
http://www.mn-linux.org tclug-list at mn-linux.org