On Tue, 3 Dec 2002 20:40:37 -0600
rpgoldman at real-time.com wrote:

> Daniel Taylor writes:
>  > On Tue, 3 Dec 2002 rpgoldman at real-time.com wrote:
>  >
>  > >
>  > > I just picked up a spindle of 4x Memorex CD-RWs.  When I try to
>  > > write them, cdrecord just grumbles that they're the wrong disk.
>  > > But my machine and CD-RW drive are pretty new, so I think it
>  > > should be ok. Any thoughts?  Is this a cdrecord issue, or is it
>  > > likely to be my drive?
>  > >
>  > Shiny side up? Or are they more clearly marked than that?
>
> Pretty clearly marked actually.  Nice try :-)

Just a thought, but I recall someone saying they had some issues with PNY cd's.  eing these are older 4x discs, I wonder if by chance you might be runnin into the same problem?  I saw you mentioned that you used an older disc and it worked fine, it was a 640MB right?

Another thought, any chance that this burner or software doesn't know how to recognize 700MB CD-R/W formatting (if there's a difference?)?

Shawn