On Wed, 28 Aug 2002 22:39:55 -0500
Bob Tanner <tanner at real-time.com> wrote:

> Any of you UofM people have any ideas on how we can let the new
> incoming freshmen know about tclug?

Plaster IT row and the Csci bldg with TCLUG flyers. Hit every building
and kiosk.

> Any place we can put cheap plugs?

RadioK.org.. pay for advertisement. It's fairly cheap, or get accepted
as a legitimate student organization and advertise on the Washington
avenue pedestrian bridge (ala top level)

> If not cheap-plugs, how about payed-plugs. I'd be willing to donate
> some cash to get the word out.
>
> Any CSci orientation thingie?

Fron the orientations I have been to, it seems that corporate or
non-profit advertisements were not present at any level. Just the U's
own crap they forcefeed you.

> When I was a frosh, I slept^H^H^H^H attended one of these things.

Good ol-fashioned flyering of all the important buildings such as
Vincent, Tate, EE/Csci, Wilson library, etc.. along IT row oughta do
the trick!