Do you want cups from linux, or print from windows to your cups printer?

There is also a piece of cups that's a lpd server, so you can use that
interface as well (I had to do that to print from 10.1 iMac)

-----Original Message-----
From: tclug-list-admin at mn-linux.org
[mailto:tclug-list-admin at mn-linux.org] On Behalf Of Shawn Fertch
Sent: Thursday, August 29, 2002 5:32 AM
To: tclug-list at mn-linux.org
Subject: [TCLUG] Cups setup

On Wed, 28 Aug 2002 22:14:03 -0500
Jack Ungerleider <jack at jacku.com> wrote:

> If I remember correctly SuSE 8.0 installs lpr-ng as the print handler
by
> default. What you want to do is go into YAST and load the cups
packages.
> Here's a listing of the cups releated packages on my SuSE 8.0 system.

I'm working on getting a printer going on one of my Slackware systems
and am looking at cups as well.  I've skimmed through a couple of
printer how-tos, but they only mention cups in passing.  Any ideas on
where I can find a good step-by-step directions on how to set it up?

I'm using an HP-Deskjet 960c that's connected to an HP-JetDirect 170x
box.

--

Shawn

sfertch at real-time.com