On Monday 26 August 2002 09:36 am, Raymond Norton wrote:
> I have a tech on one of our LAN's asking me for a software tool to monitor
> his network. He feels something is awry, and is asking me to help him find
> areas of congestion, services running, and bandwidth used. Is there a tool
> with a GUI for this?

The tool I'm most familiar with -- and it's an excellent one -- is GUI, but
it's proprietary, and Windows-based (although it runs fine on VMware under
Linux) -- Network Instruments Observer.  see http://www.netinst.com.

I'd love to see somebody in the Open Source world duplicate its functionality
and ease of use.

--
But what would happen to [Osama's] cool armor if he
could be reminded of all the good, nonviolent things he has