On Wednesday 21 August 2002 08:22, Garret_Davis at cargill.com wrote:
> All,
>
> I'm in the middle of a project determining where Linux fits in at an
> enterprise level within the company I work for. One of the questions I
> have a hard time getting a real world answer too is "Where do people get
> their support from"? I would like to know if any of you on this list run
> Linux in production situations and who you use for support. Do you go
> directly to Redhat....Do you just use the internet...Do you use the
> vendor you purchased the server from, like IBM...
>
> TIA,
>
> Garret

<another cheap plug type="apologies to Bob">
I work for a small consulting company (there are 3 of us at this point in
time.) We have installed Linux servers into production environments at 4
locations. We have another client with a Linux server that was installed by
someone else to serve a particular application. We are by trade an
adminstration/service organization so we deal with providing support to our
clients or assisting them in finding it themselves.

So the best answer is partner with someone who can provide you with the
service level you need. (Maybe Real-Time, maybe us :-), maybe IBM)
Then turn to them for support. Or if you buy a commercial distribution you can
buy support from that vendor, Red Hat, SuSE, etc.
</another cheap plug>

--
Jack Ungerleider
jack at jacku.com