Quoting Garret_Davis at cargill.com (Garret_Davis at cargill.com):
> All,
>
> I'm in the middle of a project determining where Linux fits in at an
> enterprise level within the company I work for. One of the questions I
> have a hard time getting a real world answer too is "Where do people get
> their support from"? I would like to know if any of you on this list run
> Linux in production situations and who you use for support. Do you go
> directly to Redhat....Do you just use the internet...Do you use the
> vendor you purchased the server from, like IBM...

<cheap plug>

Real Time is all linux except 2 boxes (1 box for MS access for
clients/coldfusion-on-linux, 1 box for accounting software).

As an ISP we are 24x7x365, we got 91 hosts, running 297 services (according to
netsaint). But I still don't think we are "enterprise", but I feel our network
topology, linux -and- staff is capable of being at the enterprise level.

To be honest, I've found all my answer online (HOWTO, mailing lists, google).
So, I've never had to to get -direct- support. I've submitted bugs to Redhat, so
I guess I get indirect support from them.

My experience with Redhat is that you get BACK what you put IN. If you take the
time to submit a detailed bug report, with a walk-through of what you did to
troubleshoot it, and the resulting bug. Post it all to bugzilla, you get a
response fairly quickly.

With all that said (cheap plug), Real Time has found many customers do not have
the time search the Internet for help, so we offer several services, much like
Redhat and IBM, but much cheaper :-)

</cheap plug>
--
Bob Tanner <tanner at real-time.com>         | Phone : (952)943-8700