On Fri, 16 Aug 2002, Randy Clarksean wrote:
> Fundamentally, what am I missing here?  I am assuming I have something
> setup improperly on the Linux box that requires me to use additional
> authentication.  I have examined the sshd_config and ssh_config ... not
> sure what I should have there.
>
> Any suggestions or thoughts on where to look would be greatly
> appreciated!

 Right off the bat I'd guess these things:
 Does ~/.ssh/ have the permissions 700? (`chmod 700 ~/.ssh`)
 Is your public key in ~/.ssh/authorized_keys (for SSH1) or
~/.ssh/authorized_keys2 (SSH2)?

 If the problem is neither of those, try shutting down sshd and re-running
it with the debug flag (`sshd -d` as root).  This might give you a little
more insight to the problem.
 Hope this helps.

     Jima