On Thu, Aug 15, 2002 at 10:05:20AM -0500, Willenbring, Daniel J. wrote:
>I've been trying to access the web configuration tool on my linksys access
>point from Linux (the devices IP is 192.168.1.1).  I can ping it fine and if
>I plug it into the real network I can browse the web and ping all the other
>PCs, but I can't access the http://192.168.1.1 page to login.
>
>It works fine from windows XP running mozilla, but not debian running
>mozilla, it just hangs there trying to load the page and then times out.
>
>Does anyone have one of these and might give me some advice on what settings
>I should check?
I don't have a solution to get the web interface to work, I don't have
any linksys Ap's. However, there are some snmp utilities that are quite
robust.  One of these is a winders based utility for Atmel based AP's.
The other (**warning it does not always write data properly**) is an
Atmel utility for these guys that runs on Linux.  The linux app is far
supperior IMHO, but it is still kind of buggy.  I have been burned twice
now trying to write my changes to the AP (it just does it spuriosly as
it would seem.)  The winders utilitly is solid and gives you extra
functionality and control when compared to the manufactures utilities.
The linux utility has more monitoring features that are very nice (i.e.
Rx and Tx stats for the eth and wireless ports etc...)  YMMV

http://www.natecarlson.com/wireless/wap11/utility/SNMPV1743.exe
^^^winders util ...thx Nate

http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/a/ap-utils/ap-utils_1.0
.4.orig.tar.gz