Jay Kline wrote:
> Is this all on one drive? Or multiple drives? Where is Linux installed on the
> drive?

Yes, this is all on one drive.  lilo is installed in the MBR.  The /boot
partition is on hda4.

Here is part of my lilo.conf file;

	LILO version 21.4-4
	Reading boot sector vrom /dev/hda
	merging with /boot/boot.0
	mapping message file: /boot/message
	boot image: /boot/vmlinuz-2.4.2-2
	added linux.bak
	boot other: /dev/hda2, on /dev/hda, loader /boot/chain.d
	added nt
	mapping RAM disk /boot/initrd-2.4.9-34.img
	added linux *

Here is the partition layout;

	31MB EISA Configuration
	55MB /boot	hda4
	9.77GB /usr	hda6
	5.86GB /home	hda7
	3.91GB /var	hda8
	2.98GB /	hda9
	1.95GB /tmp	hda10
	1004MB swap
	1.95GB	C:
system
	3.91GB	D:
	5.86GB	G:

> I got this error once when I forgot to put in the initrd image. I think it can
> also happen when you use initrd, and / cant be mounted (is this correct?)

The initrd image is in the lilo.conf listing.

> I assume that since you took a look at the file, everything looks ok in it.
> Try using the -v option to get more output about whats going on. Also, try
>
> lilo -v -C /etc/lilo.conf
>
> and see if that helps. Another one to try before you chroot is
>
> lilo -v -r /mnt/sysimage

I tried both of these with no effect.

Attached is a copy of the partition list from the W2k machine.  The
reason I got this is I wanted to add more free space to the C: drive.

Thanks

--
cYa

John