> I traded some stuff with someone on the list (bad with names, sorry) and
> got a Lexmark Print Server.

	so this is just one of the little idiot-boxes that has a parallel
port on one side and ethernet on the other?

> Debugging shows printing going OK, and then getting stuck in the queue.
>
> The other Linux boxes are, of course, debian, using plain-ol' lpd.
>
> Anyone have any ideas?

	make one of the working boxes your print server, and have it spool
for the Lexmark box?

> (note: the only reason I need this machine to be able to print is because
> it's the only Linux box that is ALWAYS up,

	hmmm. so why do you take down the other machines?

> and I want to cron a printjob
> at like 4am every day to keep the @#($& inkjet nozzles from drying! So I
> don't care about print quality or anything).

	personally, my solution to this was to get rid of the printer, and
just not print anything. truth be told, I don't miss it most of the time. I
only *really* need to print something maybe twice a year (at the most); and
so I just print it at work.

Carl Soderstrom.
--
Systems Administrator