Hello,

Ok, here's a weird one.

I traded some stuff with someone on the list (bad with names, sorry) and
got a Lexmark Print Server.

It works just great. I've successfully got three Win2K boxes and 2 Linux
boxes printing to it.

However, ONE Linux box (Red Hat 6.2, no I can't upgrade) refuses to print.
I installed/upgraded lpr, nothing. Removed it and put on CUPS, nothing.
lpd would say that the "remote is out of space, waiting for queue to
drain", whereas CUPS says "lp is not ready". Needless to say other
machines can chug along nicely while this goes on.

The RH6.2 machine can ping and nmap the printserver and sees the ports
open. I can telnet to port 515 (which is what the other Linux boxes are
using) and can connect, but I don't know how to simulate network printer.

Debugging shows printing going OK, and then getting stuck in the queue.

The other Linux boxes are, of course, debian, using plain-ol' lpd.

Anyone have any ideas?

(note: the only reason I need this machine to be able to print is because
it's the only Linux box that is ALWAYS up, and I want to cron a printjob
at like 4am every day to keep the @#($& inkjet nozzles from drying! So I
don't care about print quality or anything).

TCPDUMP shows _nothing_ going to the printer at all from the RH machine.
Yes, rlpr is installed and configured for use.

TIA,

-Yaron