From: "Bruce Broecker" <bruce.broecker at toro.com>
To: <tclug-list at mn-linux.org>
Sent: Tuesday, August 06, 2002 2:45 PM
Subject: Re: [TCLUG] iCal servers

> We are a Groupwise shop at Toro, therefore, we tend to keep up with the
developments at Novell. They offer another messaging server besides
Groupwise, that is targeted at service providers, but could serve equally
well for enterprise or others.

> Novell Netmail 3.1 (formerly NIMS) - it does pop3, IMAP4, and iCal. It
also has a fairly reasonable web interface to e-mail and calendaring. The
bonus: it runs on Linux, as well as Windows, Netware, and Solaris. More info
and a 60 day eval can be found here:

> http://www.novell.com/products/netmail/
>
> Bruce
>
> Bruce Broecker
> Network Comm Supervisor
> The Toro Company

> New thread, so it can be disassociated with the trolling of the parent
thread.

> The whole linux replacement for exchange problem has been a thorn in Real
Time's
> side for a very long time. And from the heated debate on the parent thread
> guess others are feeling the "thorn" too.
>
> I swear our sales guy (hi Dennis!) asks me weekly if we have a -complete-
linux
> solution for exchange.
>
> So, here I'll start a constructive thread to discuss solutions. Below is a
post
> from Nate that is a good start:
> <<snip>>
> I think the hardest part of replacing exchange is the shared calendaring.
So,