We are a Groupwise shop at Toro, therefore, we tend to keep up with the developments at Novell. They offer another messaging server besides Groupwise, that is targeted at service providers, but could serve equally well for enterprise or others.

Novell Netmail 3.1 (formerly NIMS) - it does pop3, IMAP4, and iCal. It also has a fairly reasonable web interface to e-mail and calendaring. The bonus: it runs on Linux, as well as Windows, Netware, and Solaris. More info and a 60 day eval can be found here:

http://www.novell.com/products/netmail/

Bruce

Bruce Broecker
Network Comm Supervisor
The Toro Company

>>> tclug-list-request at mn-linux.org 08/06/02 12:26PM >>>
New thread, so it can be disassociated with the trolling of the parent thread.

The whole linux replacement for exchange problem has been a thorn in Real Time's
side for a very long time. And from the heated debate on the parent thread I
guess others are feeling the "thorn" too.

I swear our sales guy (hi Dennis!) asks me weekly if we have a -complete- linux
solution for exchange.

So, here I'll start a constructive thread to discuss solutions. Below is a post
from Nate that is a good start:
<<snip>>
I think the hardest part of replacing exchange is the shared calendaring. So,
how about some links and discussions on productions/solutions that implement the
iCal protocol?

<<deleted alternatives>>