On Sun, 2002-08-04 at 23:43, karl bongers wrote:
> /dev/config.tgz patch, then shows off his T3 connection
> speed at the U and downloads 2.4.19 in .01 seconds, geez.

[last message pimping our services, I'll stop now]

As usual, I want to emphasise that we do it as a service to everyone in
the area.

umn.dl.sf.net/mirrors
saens.debian.org
ftp.software.umn.edu

are both brought to you by parties including:

UMN: Network and Telecommunications services, ADCS, CSci
sf.net box: Sourceforge.net
Debian machine: saens.debian.org

Please do send your appreciation to the sf.net and debian groups as
well, they really did provide the hardware to make it possible and the
hours of administration time that both groups put into the sf.net and
debian machines.

ftp.software is ADCS ran and I believe they poured their own money into
it.  I'm not familiar with how its administrated, but its a useful
service for ISO's sometimes to myself, at least.

I hate to say that the two best ISP's to get to these resources from are
both non-helpful to linux users. Both goldengate and AT&T have local
peering links to UMN.  I really wish the situation could be better, but
its not.  And its not really under my control... :|

Thanks.

--
Scott Dier <dieman at ringworld.org> http://www.ringworld.org/