just to pour acetone on the raging debate ...

i thought that this article regarding the applications in question was
interesting.  it came across desk the other day.

http://www.networkmagazine.com/article/NMG20020701S0007

when last we saw our hero (Monday, Aug 05, 2002),
 Joel Rosenberg was madly tapping out:

> On Thursday 25 July 2002 12:22 pm, Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:
> > Enough with this deragatory name calling.
>
> As opposed to pleasant name calling?
>
> > Microsoft created a
> > superior product with Outlook and Exchange.
>
> Yes and no.  Outlook and Exchange have capabilities that I've not seen
> in an open source variant; they also have vulnerabilities and
> limitations that I've seen to be absent from many open source
> applications.

{ snipped - misc .signatures }

steve ulrich                       sulrich at botwerks.org
PGP: 8D0B 0EE9 E700 A6CF ABA7  AE5F 4FD4 07C9 133B FAFC