> I am in the process of setting up some QA tools for a small company
> (10-15 developers).
>
> I have already installed CVS on a redhat box.
>
> I wanted to ask for list input on a couple of things:
> 1.  Has anyone used Bugzilla for external (client) bug tracking?  Or
> just Bugzilla in general?  If so, how well does it work for you, and do
> you have any problems with it?

I used Bugzilla to track bugs with a rather extensive reworking of the
Mozilla UI for a project back in the bad old days (Milestone 14 - M18, for
those in the audience who dealt with Mozilla before it was "ready for
prime time").
IIRC, Bugzilla was relatively nice to work with. We had set up our own CGI
scripts to walk QA testers through manual test cases, which then took the
'failure' results and pushed them into Bugzilla.  The Bugzilla interface
and bug database strucutre itself is really easy to set up/tweak,
even to "skin", since it's all CGI and MySQL.

I didn't really have too much to do with the day-to-day management/triage
of the incoming bugs, but I'm sure that you could have all client-input
bugs stuck into a 'Waiting for Verification' category with relatively
little tweaking of the UI.  We didn't have to do this, since all ourincoming bugs were being put there by either a script, or the QA lead
herself, but the creation of new categories, severities, etc. through the
CGI UI was a snap.

--
Chris Johnson Bidler