Quoting Ben Lutgens (blutgens at sistina.com):
> On Thu, Aug 01, 2002 at 09:52:20PM -0500, Bob Tanner wrote:
> >
> >Third, http access is only available to Real Time connectivity customers. Sorry
> >about this, but to the 'net is expensive. LAN traffic is "cheap".
>
> Man bob, you really want me to ditch my cable modem for a RT DSL don't you.
> One problem though, it means i h ave to deal with fuggin qworst to get the
> wire.
>
> Qworst sux.

If we could convince the cable boyz that it's ok to publish and consume lots of
upstream bandwidth, I'd love to put gladiator on the cable company networks.

But talking to the sales people they want you to consume resources from the
'net, not publish resources for others to consume, even with business cable.

-OR-

If the tcwug mesh/hotspot/overlay/??/?? (whatever topology) comes to be, there
could be leeching via wireless stuff.

--
Bob Tanner <tanner at real-time.com>         | Phone : (952)943-8700
http://www.mn-linux.org, Minnesota, Linux | Fax   : (952)943-8500