On Thu, 2002-08-01 at 21:52, Bob Tanner wrote:

> Third, http access is only available to Real Time connectivity customers. Sorry
> about this, but to the 'net is expensive. LAN traffic is "cheap".

Why not install the internet2 QBONE scavenger service (QBSS)
configuration on your router and allow all data set with TOS 0x20 to be
queued as 'least effort'?  Unless your are being charged by the bit, you
can use this to setup the mirror server (and other traffic) as less
important than your customers, but still provide the service.

I'm planning to do this on a T1 soon, but I've not actually implemented
the service on my own bandwidth.  UMN uses it on their border links.

--
Scott Dier <dieman at ringworld.org> http://www.ringworld.org/