Hey list-

Ive gotten two automated messages in the last couple of days on my voice
mail...

"Please contact us imedieatly re: your accout so we dont have to
havefurther action on your account. Please call 1-800-354-2761 imedieatly"

Or something close to that.  They didnt give a company name or any
identifying info, other than the phone number.  I actually called it back
tonite, and they guy answerd in a muffled "somehting and associates" ...

them: <muffled>
me: who is this?
them: who is *this*?
me: Im calling becuase i have had two automated phone calls telling me i
have to call to make sure that my account isint affected. Who IS this?
them: whats your phone number?
me: who is this, what do you do?
them: what is your phone number, its the only way i can pull up your
account.
me: no, i dont want to give you my phone number unless you tell me who you
are, and why you would be calling me.
them: actually, ill just pull it off of caller id, its not hard.
me: whats not hard, you think i just want to identify myself to you when i
have no clue what you do.
them: its not hard sir, you ever work in an office <in his jackass
voice>.
me: no, ive never worked in an office.
them: ok, well ive got your account. mind if i ask you how long you've had
this line?
me: not long, whats going on?
them: have you had it since october?
me: no.
them: oh then it doesnt matter.
me: well then fu(k off and dont call back.
them: you prick, hangs up.

/me is pissed now

/me calls back

them: <muffled> and associates
me: who is this?
them: who are you? are you that prick that just called?
me: ever hear of the PUC?
them: <hang up>

/me calls again

tried to call back, and it wouldnt go thru.

anyone else had this experience? i think they guy said they were hayes and
associates, their phone number is 800-354-2761. it was very
unprofessional, they wouldnt identify thmeselves and it was sketchy.
besides, he was a jerk.

I feel that i have some rights to complain here... i remember people
talking about calling the PUC or something like that? Who can i complain
to? it felt very much like a scam.

thanks for your input. id be very curious to know if anyone knows anything
about this.

duncan