On Tue, Apr 30, 2002 at 06:30:24PM -0500, Ben Lutgens wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 30, 2002 at 05:02:10PM -0500, Tim Wilson wrote:
> >my visi account and reading it there. Currently TERM is set to vt100. I
> >tried setting it to xterm, but that didn't do anything.
>
> xterm-color or rxvt TERM settings should do the trick. Why not just pull
> your mail down with fetchmail and read locally?

I've considered that, but I guess I haven't studied up on fetchmail
enough to know if it would work for me. My visi.com address is my primary
email address and I read it frequently at work and at home. Reading it
using pine or mutt in an ssh session makes it really easy to read my
email from anywhere.

As I said, I don't know much about fetchmail. Can it operate in a
similar way?

Maybe I could use IMAP instead, but I haven't checked to see if I can
get SSL-encrypted IMAP connections to visi.

-Tim

--
Tim Wilson      |   Visit Sibley online:   | Check out:
Henry Sibley HS |  http://www.isd197.org   | http://www.zope.com