On Mon, Apr 29, 2002 at 09:33:50AM -0500, David Blevins wrote:
> Though Enhydra hasn't become abandon-ware and lives under another open
> source organization, ObjectWeb, there is another popular open source
> server that actually might go the way of abandon-ware, Tomcat.
>
> In Apache's initiative to get Sun to allow, without restriction, open
> source involvement and licensing of the JCP defined specs, they have
> resolved to drop *all* Java projects that cannot be legally licensed
> and distributed under the JCP agreement and the APL.
>
> See the attached email for more detail.

I was going to reference this in a /. submission, but the email itself
is not archived in a publically accessible place.  I am assuming that I
should, therefore, not post it until the Apache board wants to make its
own public announcement.  (Perhaps the /. effect wouldn't bring feelings
of gratitude to the Sun legal team.)

Regardless, David, do you know what the Apache board plans?  Also, you
do know that this email list is publically archived.  Did you make a
slip and reveal Apache's "secret" plans to "dump" Java?

(How's that for keyword seeding? *grin* Come on, Google!)

--
Chad Walstrom <chewie at wookimus.net>                 | a.k.a. ^chewie