On Sat, Apr 27, 2002 at 11:36:55AM -0500, Mike Hicks wrote:
> Have you tried running the system with the wireless NIC removed?

Huh.  Looks like that could be it - I pulled the wireless card and
how have just over 3 hours uptime.  I figure I'll leave it overnight,
just to be sure, before I mess with it much more.

Now that I think about it, near the end of the previous 31-day
uptime, I popped the PCMCIA wireless card out of the PCI-to-CardBus
adapter since I hadn't gotten the wireless drivers set up on my
laptop yet and wanted to close off that avenue of potential access
for drive-by crackers.  Does it seem reasonable that the problem may
have been caused by the card not reseating properly when I put it
back in?

have already won. - reverius

Innocence is no protection when governments go bad. - Tom Swiss