On Sat, 2002-04-27 at 10:07, Dave Sherohman wrote:
> I've got a machine here which is consistently locking solid after 1.5
> to 2 hours uptime and I'm looking for possible explanations.
>
> Shortly after the last installfest, I threw a wireless NIC into it and
> ran it for a month before shutting it down on the basis that I hadn't
> gotten around to actually setting anything up on it.  Last weekend,
> I decided that I had the time to get back to it, so I brought it back
> up and had it die after an hour and a half.

Have you tried running the system with the wireless NIC removed?  I had
an old ethernet card once (an NE2000 clone) that would lock up the
system on occasion when the network was on moderate to high load.  I
have a suspicion it didn't handle collisions well, but it may have been
throwing weird interrupts or something.  I ended up going out and buying
a new NIC, but it may have just been a driver issue (though I seem to
recall that it would crash OS/2 as well..  yes, this was many moons ago)

--
 _  _  _  _ _  ___    _ _  _  ___ _ _  __   Syntactic sugar causes
/ \/ \(_)| ' // ._\  / - \(_)/ ./| ' /(__   cancer of the semicolon.