On Thu, Apr 18, 2002 at 05:01:35PM -0500, Ben Lutgens wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 18, 2002 at 03:21:02PM -0600, Matthew S. Hallacy wrote:
> >not. Would it be possible to pick places a little less.. anal, in the
> >future? Or has this been brought up before? Are people <21 not welcome
> >at the beer meetings?
>
> a: it's a Beer Meeting NOT a LUG meeting
> 2: Noone expressly picked McGoverns because of the age limit. It wasn't
> an issue last time. The never checked. There were people unable to
> imbibe and noone gave two shits.

I didn't suspect that they had.

> d: Of course they're gonna say that. You could be the police.

In Texas...

I wasn't aware that MN was this anal about alcohol.

> >(McGoverns told me on the phone that nobody <21 is allowed 'upstairs',
> >and nobody <21 is allowed to sit at a table where people are drinking)
>
> So they sit at the very next table. What's the big hang up. we'll
> probably occupy a couple of tables.

Apparently 'upstairs' is off limits, downstairs tables is off limits if
someone is drinking..

Maybe the person I spoke to on the phone was incorrect, in self defense here,
I did ask on the channel, it was suggested that I call and ask =P

http://techmonkeys.org/~poptix                  GPG public key 0x01938203