On Fri, Apr 12, 2002 at 11:06:09AM -0500, Erik Hanson wrote:
> I have attbi and I like their service.  They do have a "Home
> Networking" option that will allow you to get 3 total ip's for an
> extra $10 a month (not fixed IPs) but that does not sound like
> enough for her.

How do they control that?  How do they limit 3 DHCP IP's to a
household?  The only way I can think of is to limit them by MAC.

> If she does not want to build her own router, she will need to get
> one of the off the shelf solutions from linksys or netgear or
> whatever.

Anyone care to pipe in with equipment recommendations?  Presumably a
router with NAT & DHCP on one side, and capable of picking up a DHCP
IP address on the other?  An internal firewall on the device would be
a plus.

--
Scott Raun
sraun at fireopal.org