> We all got the PDA of our choice, a laptop with extra docking
> stations/monitors to use it at home, fast network connections, Super
> Pagers, cellphones, etc.
>
> All those things are nice, but to me the most important element (and I
> realize this sounds like Management Talk) is Teamwork. The ability to rely
> on my teammates, in perticular.
I say, use a pencil/pen and paper and write down in your own
handwriting the things that need attention.  When the week is up, go back
create a summary page, same for the month, and throw your notebooks in a
drawer when they are full.  Put action items on an internal webpage that
your team can view/use where ever they are.  Do not work alone to retain
knowledge.

> ...But most importantly: Make sure your team consists of people
> who can (and if possible, like to) work together, and cn rely on each
> other.
People who have differences working together will destroy a project.
Also, have people within the same geographical region on the same project.

> Make sure responsibilities and knowledge are spread out
> more-or-less equally withing the team (for example, Project X is the
> responsibility of Diane and John, Project Y is Mary and Steve, etc) - this
> way everyone has a backup and there's always someone you can ask for help.
>
> If at all possible, make sure the team has good leadership.
I second these points.

> I realize that sometimes you're the only person available and there really
> s no team - but there are always people and groups you are working
> with/for, and getting a good relationship with them is also invaluable.
I must second this as well.

Rely on your co-workers and ask them this same question.

Cheers!,
uak