On Tue, Apr 09, 2002 at 01:20:01PM -0500, Samir M. Nassar (nassarsa at redconcepts.net) wrote:
> Amy,
>
> You can select Evolution individually from the Ximian packages and just
> install those. It'll configure things for you BUT:
>
> You'll probably have to remove certain things. I had to remove some XMMS
> add-ons and change other stuff. It'll permanently screw up some of the
> efs2 (I think that is what is called) which will screw up Red Hat's
> up2date in regard to those packages.
>
> It also changed something to do with GTK, IIRC.

OK, for reference for anyone else trying this...I removed all ximian
stuff (see previous post), then installed red-carpet and used red-carpet
to install only evolution.  Of course, evolution requires a bunch of
other ximian stuff.  I let it install everything it needed.  After
installing, here are all the ximian packages:

[root at pelican tmp]# rpm -qa | grep ximian
gtkhtml-1.0.2-ximian.1
libbonobo-conf0-0.14-ximian.1
pilot-link-0.9.5-ximian.2
libgal19-0.19.1-1.ximian.1
gnome-pilot-0.1.64-ximian.1
bonobo-conf-0.14-ximian.1
gal-0.19.1-1.ximian.1
libxml-1.8.17-1.ximian.1
evolution-1.0.3-ximian.4
red-carpet-1.3-1.ximian.4
libgtkhtml20-1.0.2-ximian.1
bonobo-1.0.19-ximian.2
oaf-0.6.8-1.ximian.1

The only one giving me problems with up2date now is pilot-link.  Not
perfect, but better than having 150+ ximian-based packages.

--
Amy Tanner
amy at real-time.com