Quoting Erik Mitchell <mitc0185 at tc.umn.edu>:

> This seems to resemble trickery, and I'm not sure whether I can get away
> with it. I'm not sure what the Linux box would actually be doing in such
> a situation, and whether you can serve from a part of the file system
> that is really just a share from another server.
>
> If it did work though, it would meet our needs perfectly. I should add
> that the NT guys don't want to put any appletalk support on the W2k
> cluster. So am I missing something here? Wouldn't this work?
>
> Thanks for your help,
>
> Erik
> --
The problem maybe, not 100% sure, is the file system on the NT machine may
still have to be able to support mac name space and what not. I don't think
that atalkd does anything with file systems and what not. Again I probably am
wrong but I know Macs have their on file system. So just some food for thought..

Jason