"Austad, Jay" <austad at marketwatch.com> writes:

> Ok, I know this isn't even close to a linux question, but due to the nature
> of this list, a lot of the members work in high stress, hectic environments.
>

> My job just became a whole lot more complex, and I was having trouble before
> staying organized and on top of things, and now, it's just going to get
> worse.  What are some good techniques you use to stay organized?  Do you use
> a PDA, a pen and paper?  How do you write things down and categorize them to
> make sure they get done?

All time-organizing techniques come down to keeping track of things,
assessing priorities, *and performing triage*.  You can get *somewhat*
more done by being organized, but never *enough* more.

I'm a big fan of PDAs, but the to-do list facility in the palm is a
joke and doesn't do me much good.

> Many people on this list are just starting in the tech industry, and could
> surely benefit from the knowledge on how to stay organized.  Unfortunately,
> the techniques I learned several years ago aren't good enough, and now it's
> turning around to bite me in the ass.
>
> <sad attempt at staying on topic>
> Are there any linux programs that would help?
> </sad attempt at staying on topic>

I use the emacs sort-paragraph command to keep a list of things with
priorities, dates, and notes on progress, for one set of things I do.
--
David Dyer-Bennet, dd-b at dd-b.net  /  Ghugle: the Fannish Ghod of Queries
 John Dyer-Bennet 1915-2002 Memorial Site http://john.dyer-bennet.net