<cite>
> I'm still trying to understand some of the particularities of the Linux file
> system - how it's organized and in particular what happens when installing
> software.  I'm very familiar with windows but haven't gotten the hang of it on
> Linux yet.  Your response leads me to this question:  If a "fake windows
> partition in your /home/Rodney/ directory" gets created, does that mean that
> only Rodney will be able to access it?  Will other users be able to access it
> also?
> (This definitely has the ring of a stupid question but... ignorance isn't
> bliss.)
</cite>

Well, WINE installs your fake window partition there by default, but you
could just create it in pretty much anything.

OTOH, you can allow access to /home/Asterix/ to all people who are
likely to use the box. This shouldn't impact the rest of your directory.

However it _might_, I guess I would recommend setting up a new user
'Obelix' and creating the fake windows directory in /home/obelix/ and
then have that directory accessible by the variety of users if that is
what you need.

I hope that helps..

If I am wrong or otherwise in error I am sure that others will chime
in...

Samir M. Nassar - nassarsa at redconcepts.net
RedConcepts.NET - Open Source, Public Service
'Open Source, Open Systems, Open Borders, Open Minds'
Fingerprint = 4D04 E209 3FE5 DA25 A873 DD79 BD77 4511 BB2B AB9F