I'm still trying to understand some of the particularities of the Linux file
system - how it's organized and in particular what happens when installing
software.  I'm very familiar with windows but haven't gotten the hang of it on
Linux yet.  Your response leads me to this question:  If a "fake windows
partition in your /home/Rodney/ directory" gets created, does that mean that
only Rodney will be able to access it?  Will other users be able to access it
also?
(This definitely has the ring of a stupid question but... ignorance isn't
bliss.)