Quoting Shal Jain (shal_jain at intertechsys.com):
> I'm new to linux and am trying to run CVS in pserver mode and keep receiving
> an error message about
> setgid/setuid: Operation not permitted.

First, I -highly- recommend running cvs under ssh for everything except
anonymous/read-only cvs.

In your repository make sure you have a file called writers with the names of
the people you want to give write access.

In your xinetd file, make sure youhave something like this:

/usr/bin/cvs --allow-root=/path/project1 --allow-root=/path/project2 -T /var/tmp
pserver

The -T is important.

In your repository, make a file called passwd like this:

realuser:cryptpassword:cvs

That should do it.

--
Minneapolis St. Paul Twin Cities MN        | Phone : (952)943-8700
http://www.mn-linux.org Minnesota Linux    | Fax   : (952)943-8500