On Tue, Apr 02, 2002 at 01:23:02PM -0600, DACross at nwc.edu wrote:
> I figured it was the frames of Notes' email client that Munir was referring
> to. I wrote my message part in jest and part in unbelief that a couple of
> pipes and dashes would cause such a stir. What are we talking about here,
> maybe 100 extra characters? That comes up to about 800 bits which leaves a
> good amount of headroom before I've even added 1kbs to the modem's
> transaction. Oh well.

As was related here very recently (last week?), the problem isn't
bandwidth.  The problem is visual noise.  It's a pain in the ass to
have to filter out meaninglessly quoted text or craptacular ascii art
- especially when it exceeds 80 columns or has something that
resembles potentially meaningful content embedded within it.

have already won. - reverius

Innocence is no protection when governments go bad. - Tom Swiss