I'm not sure if you mean you can't get CD burning going at all or if you mean
you're just having problems with the games.

In case you did mean you're having trouble with the general case, the answer
(as I understand it anyway) is that you need to tell Linux to treat your CD
burner as a SCSI drive - yes, even if it's an IDE drive.

Check /etc/lilo.conf and make sure it includes the line:
	hdc=ide-scsi
where "hdc" is the appropriate disk for your system setup.

After you do that, things should just go.

- Jared
Newbie with just enough knowledge to be dangerous