I've generally found that if you have access to the hardware, the best thing
to do is to pick up a book at Barnes and Noble, Amazon, or FatBrain, and
just go through that following all of the examples.  Do a chapter per day or
something like that.

If you're looking for certifications, you can take most tests through Sylvan
(I think that's their name) for like $50-$100.  Plus your book for $50, that
saves you a ton of cash which you can use to buy more geek toys, or sparkly
things for your girlfriend.  :)

Plus, with classes, you end up having to learn at the pace of the slowest
people in the class, and that sucks.  I can't see spending the money on
training unless they provide hardware you otherwise don't have access to,
and in that case, you might want to question if you even need the training.

Jay