    Brian> Wow... that's amazing that they actually helped you.  Did
    Brian> you have to call them 300 times and start ranting about the
    Brian> PUC or were they pretty good up front?  Still, I find it
    Brian> amazing that they actually sent you a modem.

    Brian> -Brian

I'm also quite surprised, when I wanted to do something as simple as
cancel my dsl service, it took a total of 29 days to get any response
whatsoever. The first five I attempted to reach support via support
phone numbers. After being hung up and transferred in an endless loop
I decided to simply email support. Twenty-four days later I received a
brief apology for 'the delayed reply', and notice that my dsl would be
cancelled in two weeks time. All total, it took 43 days to get what I
wanted. I now have att broadband, and I couldn't be happier, they
initially recorded my mac address incorrectly, but I was able to reach
someone within 5 minutes, and the problem was immediately fixed. I
lost track of what the initial point of this email was, so I'll shut
up now.

timothy lupfer      http://www.assimilated.org
tl at assimilated.org tlupfe01 at euclid.hamline.edu

The human race has one really effective weapon, and that is laughter.
		-- Mark Twain