On Thu, Sep 20, 2001 at 12:18:57PM -0500, Erick Stohr wrote:
> Is there a linux utility to make a boot disk? Mine went bad somehow and cannot boot into my system but am using the linuxcare cd to see things. thanks.

Yes, there are utilities that make bootdisks.  What distribution
are you using?  Debian's is /usr/sbin/mkboot and it should probably
work if you boot with the Linuxcare CD (which I assume is some
version of the Bootable Business Card - BBC). If you're not using
Debian, there are probably tools on the BBC to do it, but I don't
have my BBC handy to check (oh, the shame of it all :) ).

--
Jim Crumley                  |    Free Dmitry Sklyarov!
crumley at fields.space.umn.edu |    http://freesklyarov.org/