Hey,

On 18 Sep 2001, Jon Schewe wrote:

> That's what I've got VMware for.

As soon as VMWare lets me use the Video Capture capabilities of my video
card reliably, I'll be all over it. As it is I can use VMWare to encode
video if I want it to be (A) Horribly slow, and (B) Lesser quality than
under Windows, since I can't seem to get my video card's codecs to install
under VMWare (ie, when the card isn't really there).

I'd love to do this under Linux but I'm afraid there's no support for the
card, and no good editing utilities/encoding utilities (at least one that
I could find and get to work without the machine hanging).

-Yaron