On Thu, 13 Sep 2001, Marc Ohmann wrote:

> How 'bout wireless networking for a meeting topic?  I am sure a lot of
> people would be interested in hearing security solutions and ideas with
> all the hype of insecure 802.11b networks.  I am currently considering
> an internal packet filter that only allows ssh connections over the
> wireless net.  This sounds nice but alot of things break over ssh and
> X11 display forwarding.  Does anyone have experience with wireless VPNs?
>  Maybe there is no solution yet but I still think it would be a good
> topic of discussion.

That would be cool.  Are there any good HOW-TOs out there about setting up
an 802.11 network the RIGHT way?  A friend of mine wants to network 2
buildings 1/2 mile apart.  I'd like to set up SSH tunneling between the
buildings but I'd also like to prevent anyone from using it as free
internet bandwidth.  Is there any good way of doing this?

-Brian