Greetings everyone,

Got a small problem. I have APache running on a test server at home,
with perl and mysql. So far, so good.

Now, I want to add perl/cgi capability, so I can run a couple of perl
scripts that I wrote a long time ago. Anyhoo, the scripts run ok from
the command line, except for the fact that they don't have an http
request string to use in the environment variable -- the point is, the
perl interpreter says everything is ok with the scripts.

However, Apache will simply not run my scripts from my user directory! I
even created a really simple script, to see if Apache was barfing on
something within the script in spite of perl itself saying it was ok.
Apache won't even run a simple perl script. The error is the infamous,
"Premature end of script headers".

Scripts seem to run fine in /home/httpd/cgi-bin/, but not in my home
directory (/home/user/www/cgi-bin/, where 'www' is set up as the
UserDir).

As far as I can tell, I have things configured to allow user cgi's in
/home/user/www/cgi-bin/.

Why won't Apache run scripts from my home web directory???

I can copy the relevant parts of the config files if anyone deems it
necessary. Otherwise, I am hoping I can simply get a pointer to some
docs or other help, as I have run out of ideas.

Dave