Don't think this is an issue in Potato, but I could be wrong. If
configuration hangs durring the X install on a Progeny or Woody/Sid
system, power cycle your monitor. For some reason the configuration can't
read the data that the monitor is sending the video card. Powercycling the
monitor seems to fix the problem.

If you have your debian base installed, I want to steer you to Progeny. :)
It's more up to date without being unstable. A bit closer to the bleeding
edge.

Andrew S. Zbikowski | http://www.ringworld.org
"We can learn much more from wise words, little
from wisecracks and less from wise guys."
--William Arthur Ward