Perhaps I'm being naive here but couldn't you run tcpdump, make dhcp
requests and watch for replies? That seems like a much more straight
forward proposition than hunting around by unplugging cables.

Joshua Jore
Minneapolis Ward 3, precinct 10
  "The irony of this man being imprisoned in the United States and longing
to return to once-Communist Russia so he can regain his right to free
speech is simply staggering." - someone else