On Tue, 11 Sep 2001 10:51:49 -0500
"James Spinti" <jspinti at dart.dartdist.com> wrote:

> I would suggest you keep the encryption turned on and hack the registry of
> the older machine(s) to allow encryption.  The instructions are referenced
> in smb.conf under encryption (I think it is security.txt).
I read that file. And there are some pro's and con's to encryption. Maybe I missread the file, but it said cleartext does not pass over the network. I did not fully understand that (and did not re-reread it). It also made the arguement that if you are using ftp or telnet or the like you are already using clear text. I first need functionality then security. I know this is not the best position to take, but this lan is behind a firewall with mainly trusted users.

--
    SpencerUnderground
||mailto:spencer at sihope.com||